Items by Tim McNulty
Washington state's much-hyped "Forests and Fish" plan is being criticized by scientists, environmentalists, fishermen and tribes as a sell-out to the timber industry likely to hasten the salmon's decline.
The environmental and community challenges brought to Washington's Olympic Peninsula by runaway sprawl and development have some 're-inhabiting locals' almost nostalgic for the clear-cut timber companies of 30 years ago.
- Thomas Arvensis on How do we define climate pollution's cost to society?
- Gene Sengstake on Should coyote hunting contests be banned?
- Rich Jordan on Should coyote hunting contests be banned?
- Patrick Johnston on Should coyote hunting contests be banned?
- Tom Darnell on Four charts that show how public land is good for rural areas