Items by Terri Likens
An encounter at Grand Canyon with a young California condor leads the writer to consider how - and why - we need to bring back this very endangered species.
Environmentalists say new rules restricting helicopter and airplane flights in the Grand Canyon still aren't enough to restore quiet, even as air-tour operators react with anger and lawsuits.
Due to lead poisoning, Grand Canyon California condors have been recaptured until officials can track down the source.
- Carol Bartlett on Montana farmers start talking climate change
- G M Ferguson on What's the matter with New Mexico
- Wade Nelson on Gold King Mine water was headed for the Animas, anyway
- Frank matyus on Gold King Mine water was headed for the Animas, anyway
- William Bryan on Scientists strengthen link between climate change and drought