Items by Tara Rae Miner
Editor Gayle Wattawa has assembled an anthology of essays in New California Writing: 2011 that should intrigue even people outside the Golden State.
In Frank Bergon's new novel, a young man in California's Central Valley is haunted by the memory of his best friend, whom he murdered.
- Mark Rozman on Trump’s Interior pick confounds conservationists
- Robert Atkins on With more monuments, Republican backlash mounts
- Robert Atkins on Real reporting for a divided country
- David W Hamilton on Obama, close the wolf-killer loophole
- David W Hamilton on With more monuments, Republican backlash mounts