Items by Tara Rae Miner
Editor Gayle Wattawa has assembled an anthology of essays in New California Writing: 2011 that should intrigue even people outside the Golden State.
In Frank Bergon's new novel, a young man in California's Central Valley is haunted by the memory of his best friend, whom he murdered.
- Neill Smith on What Standing Rock meant for those who took part
- Kele Lampe on Inauguration day in a county that flipped blue to red
- Nancie McCormish on Inauguration day in a county that flipped blue to red
- Mark Rozman on As Trump takes power, the House targets regulations
- Jonathan Thompson on Was the Bears Ears designation a victory?