Items by Tanya Lee
Critics say the Supreme Court continues to give justification to gut treaties and rob tribes of their land.
In her new novel, The Berkeley Pit, Dorothy Bryant intertwines the stories of two very different Berkeleys: The California college town during the ‘60s, and the famously toxic open-pit mine in Butte, Mont.
- The taxpayer money that fuels federal land transfer demands
- Latest: California fracking companies inject protected aquifers with wastewater
- Obama's preemptive strike to reform Endangered Species Act
- Sightseeing at an open pit mine in Arizona copper country
- Wyoming trespass law is the latest in grazing battle