Items by Tania Casselle
In her second novel, Summer Wood tells the story of a troubled child and the rural, counterculture community that takes him in.
In Brian Hart's first novel, Then Came the Evening, people are trapped in a tragic drama partly of their own making.
The short story anthology Best of the West 2009 is filled with memorable characters and muscular prose.
- Irene Schmidt on A tense confrontation on a quiet Montana road
- Russ McCollum on What we've lost in the Methow Valley wildfires
- James Shepherd on Is Yucca Mountain back on the table?
- John DeVoe on Mapping fish die-offs in warming waters
- Krista Jordan on A Western lesson from Cecil the lion: trophy seekers aren't hunters