Items by Susan J. Tweit
In 2003, Colorado's Grand Ditch was breached, causing flood damage to the Upper Colorado River and to Rocky Mountain National Park.
Bottled water is a silly idea anyway, but Nestle’s plans to bottle spring water from the high desert of Chaffee County, Colo., are beyond absurd.
The western Colorado town of Uravan no longer exists, but its history of radium and uranium mining lives on.
The writer looks forward to Christo coming to her area, even though traffic jams are sure to be part of the artist’s 'Over the River.'
Award-winning author Denise Chavez created the Border Book Festival, and founded a Cultural Center in Mesilla, N.M., to help heal the cultural wounds of the U.S.-Mexico border
In the little town of Antonito, Colo., a local eccentric known as Cano is using salvaged materials like beer cans, hubcaps and scrap lumber to create an extraordinary shrine called "El Castillo."
- Penelope Blair on Rains bring incomplete drought relief to parts of Southwest
- W. Fred Sanders on American Indian students in Utah face harsh discipline
- Jennafer Waggoner-Yellowhorse on American Indian students in Utah face harsh discipline
- Steve Snyder on Making a monument from scratch
- Deb Dedon on Rains bring incomplete drought relief to parts of Southwest