Items by Susan J. Tweit
In 2003, Colorado's Grand Ditch was breached, causing flood damage to the Upper Colorado River and to Rocky Mountain National Park.
Bottled water is a silly idea anyway, but Nestle’s plans to bottle spring water from the high desert of Chaffee County, Colo., are beyond absurd.
The western Colorado town of Uravan no longer exists, but its history of radium and uranium mining lives on.
The writer looks forward to Christo coming to her area, even though traffic jams are sure to be part of the artist’s 'Over the River.'
Award-winning author Denise Chavez created the Border Book Festival, and founded a Cultural Center in Mesilla, N.M., to help heal the cultural wounds of the U.S.-Mexico border
In the little town of Antonito, Colo., a local eccentric known as Cano is using salvaged materials like beer cans, hubcaps and scrap lumber to create an extraordinary shrine called "El Castillo."
- John F Mijer on Congress lets sun set on Land and Water Conservation Fund
- Gary Beverly on Does optimism have a place in Western water politics?
- John Worlock on Endurance runners in the Grand Canyon are missing the point
- Todd Vogel/Iversen on Endurance runners in the Grand Canyon are missing the point
- Daniel Metzger on Endurance runners in the Grand Canyon are missing the point