Items by Stephanie Paige Ogburn
The pro-wilderness group teaches elders how to engage in public lands management, while having a great time.
Many congressional races are up for grabs in California, thanks to a depoliticized redistricting process and less partisan primary system.
Michael Branch takes his daughters to a tree near their Nevada home, where people leave shoes telling stories.
Growing natives for restoration is a lot harder than growing conventional crops, and the volatile market for seed makes it even more difficult for seed producers to stay in business.
A number of other researchers are also investigating new tools and tricks to help suppress invasive cheatgrass.
A trio of dedicated scientists are testing out cutting-edge ways to finally turn the tide against the Great Basin's cheatgrass invasion, as the weed continues to cause devastating fires.
Mike Branch explores the idea of Pleistocene rewildling, or bringing back the megafauna that roamed North America before humans extinguished them.
Mike Branch gets a new puppy with very few virtues, but as it turns out, he fits perfectly in Silver Hills, Nevada.
NASA's Landsat program provides unique scientific knowledge but has struggled recently with funding and mechanical problems
- Traci Amborn on Fracking is the big new gun
- Deb Dedon on Should the president of the Navajo Nation speak Navajo?
- Deb O'Neill on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation
- Bill Williams on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation
- Nathan Johnson on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation