Items by Sherry Devlin
Interior Secretary Gale Norton sets aside the Clinton-era plan to reintroduce grizzlies to wilderness in the Bitterroot Mountains of Idaho and Montana.
To ease the process of reintroducing grizzly bears to the Bitterroot Mountains on the Montana-Idaho border, the Fish and Wildlife Service is setting up a citizen management panel to give locals a voice in the project.
Just 44 percent of the "nuisance" grizzly bears trapped and relocated in the northern Rockies survive two years without getting into trouble again, says a wildlife biologist for the state of Montana.
- Steve Snyder on A trail runner defends his right to public lands
- Kelly Cooper on A trail runner defends his right to public lands
- Steven Childs on It's time to kill my own food
- Steven Childs on A Western lesson from Cecil the lion: trophy seekers aren't hunters
- Daniel Greenstadt on A trail runner defends his right to public lands