Items by Sherry Devlin
Interior Secretary Gale Norton sets aside the Clinton-era plan to reintroduce grizzlies to wilderness in the Bitterroot Mountains of Idaho and Montana.
To ease the process of reintroducing grizzly bears to the Bitterroot Mountains on the Montana-Idaho border, the Fish and Wildlife Service is setting up a citizen management panel to give locals a voice in the project.
Just 44 percent of the "nuisance" grizzly bears trapped and relocated in the northern Rockies survive two years without getting into trouble again, says a wildlife biologist for the state of Montana.
- Krista Jordan on A Western lesson from Cecil the lion: trophy seekers aren't hunters
- John Pawlilkowski on Top 10 reasons not to move to Bozeman
- Greg D. Lind on Biking the line between wilderness and civilization
- Greg D. Lind on Readers’ essays on favorite spots to recreate
- Greg D. Lind on A tense confrontation on a quiet Montana road