Items by Sharon Friedman
If an allegedly untouched piece of woodland is "virgin forest," what does that make a forest that’s been logged or burnt or otherwise used by humans over the years?
Access to public land is disappearing throughout the West and officials lack funds to hold back the onslaught
- Michele Hanson on On the road with a transient immigrant rights lawyer
- Mark Rozman on Why Hetch Hetchy is staying under water
- Mark Rozman on On the road with a transient immigrant rights lawyer
- Paul V. Battaglia on Christina Benton: Nomadic mama with a mission
- Harvey H Reading on Latest: Elk, not bison, are spreading disease near Yellowstone