Items by Seth Shteir
A new, nonprofit friends group seeks to protect the Mojave National Preserve through community action
Seth Shteir is appalled at the prospect of a gigantic landfill planned for the fragile desert landscape next to Joshua Tree National Park.
Seth Shteir goes looking for birds and finds all kinds of wonderful things in a little-known corner of northeastern Nevada known as Lamoille Canyon.
Seth Shteir is astonished to encounter a small, endangered burrowing owl hiding in an auto mechanic’s shop deep in the wilds of Los Angeles.
- John W Stephens on Latest: California fracking companies inject protected aquifers with wastewater
- Kent Schoberle on Ranch Diaries: A New Mexico cattle company is born
- Rich & Terry Fairbanks on Rural communities in the West need a fair shake
- on Jim Deacon, pioneering desert fish biologist, dies
- Larry Bullock on Ranch Diaries: A New Mexico cattle company is born