Items by Seth Shteir
A new, nonprofit friends group seeks to protect the Mojave National Preserve through community action
Seth Shteir is appalled at the prospect of a gigantic landfill planned for the fragile desert landscape next to Joshua Tree National Park.
Seth Shteir goes looking for birds and finds all kinds of wonderful things in a little-known corner of northeastern Nevada known as Lamoille Canyon.
Seth Shteir is astonished to encounter a small, endangered burrowing owl hiding in an auto mechanic’s shop deep in the wilds of Los Angeles.
- Regina Johnson on Grass-fed beef can be good 365 days a year
- Charles Fox on Grass-fed beef can be good 365 days a year
- Rex Johnson Jr on How to pass a wilderness bill in 2014
- April Warwick on Sweeping new rule for Alaska's predator control
- David Lichtenstein on The paradox of the housing boom and bust