Items by Seth Shteir
A new, nonprofit friends group seeks to protect the Mojave National Preserve through community action
Seth Shteir is appalled at the prospect of a gigantic landfill planned for the fragile desert landscape next to Joshua Tree National Park.
Seth Shteir goes looking for birds and finds all kinds of wonderful things in a little-known corner of northeastern Nevada known as Lamoille Canyon.
Seth Shteir is astonished to encounter a small, endangered burrowing owl hiding in an auto mechanic’s shop deep in the wilds of Los Angeles.
- Wayne L Hare on Dispatch from a medic on the North Star Fire in Washington
- Meg Scherch-Peterson on The Endangered Species Act's biggest experiment
- Mark Bailey on The Endangered Species Act's biggest experiment
- Jim Scarborough on Dispatch from a medic on the North Star Fire in Washington
- Sarah Scott on What we've lost in the Methow Valley wildfires