Items by Sarah Gilman
Despite an infusion of moisture, pockets of the Southern High Plains have been plagued with dusters and inundated with tumbleweeds.
Why would any magazine editor include Los Angeles in a special issue on environmental sustainability?
Even as the Southwest teeters on the edge of a radically drier future, a rare opportunity to revive the Colorado River Delta has emerged in an agreement hashed out between Mexico, the U.S. and some of West's most powerful – and thirsty – water agencies.
- Helen Neufeld on Critics see GOP wildfire bill as attack on environmental protections
- Larry Bullock on The Latest: Wild Mexican wolf pups born in Sierra Madre
- Bruce Vojtecky on A day on the river that ended in a death
- Larry Bullock on Closure of federal sheep facility would be a victory for grizzlies
- stuart polack on bobcat kill