Items by Sarah Gilman and Jodi Peterson
High Country News gets rain, and visitors; new books from our contributors; Debra Utacia Krol wins award; correction.
Spelunkers visit High Country News; correction; obituaries for N.W. Grosse-Rhode and Ramon Mena Owens.
A good time to buy a McMansion – cheap; lawmakers wrangle over development; “eco-terrorism” in suburbia; EPA head honcho in trouble; cleaning up dirty Western air – and a few dirty Western politicians.
EPA stymies California’s attempt to cut tailpipe emissions; the West is growing but not sure where its next meal or drink of water will come from; increasing amounts of ammonium – and guns – in the parks; avalanche fatalities are up.
- Karl Anderson on No, federal land transfers are not in the Constitution
- Mark Rozman on Should coyote hunting contests be banned?
- Rich Fairbanks on Graphic: The hidden connections of the Sagebrush Insurgency
- Charles Fox on Should coyote hunting contests be banned?
- Steve Snyder on The rise of the Sagebrush Sheriffs