Items by Sara Phillips
Southwestern ranchers Jim Winder and Will Holder team up with Defenders of Wildlife to create a seal-of-approval for beef sold by ranchers who avoid killing predators.
Activists try to end crop burning by farmers in eastern Washington and northern Idaho, saying the resulting air pollution is harming the health of area residents.
The Forest Service puts together a land swap that saves a 530-acre grove of 1,200-year-old trees from logging.
Some say the National Park Service needs to start charging fees for all the filming that is done in the nation's parks and national monuments.
The National Park Service is developing rules to allow local park officials to restrict and possibly ban noisy personal watercraft.
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service increases bag limits on snow geese after biologists warn that the birds are too prolific for their own good.
Western painted turtles are dying on a dangerous stretch of Montana's Route 93 through Mission Valley.
- The taxpayer money that fuels federal land transfer demands
- Latest: California fracking companies inject protected aquifers with wastewater
- Obama's preemptive strike to reform Endangered Species Act
- Wyoming trespass law is the latest in grazing battle
- Sightseeing at an open pit mine in Arizona copper country
- Garrett Allen on The view from 31,000 feet: A philosopher looks at fracking
- Robb Cadwell on The view from 31,000 feet: A philosopher looks at fracking
- Amy & Chris Gulick on The view from 31,000 feet: A philosopher looks at fracking
- Richard H Ernst on The taxpayer money that fuels federal land transfer demands
- Luwella Leonardi on Blood Quantum