Items by Sara Phillips
Southwestern ranchers Jim Winder and Will Holder team up with Defenders of Wildlife to create a seal-of-approval for beef sold by ranchers who avoid killing predators.
Activists try to end crop burning by farmers in eastern Washington and northern Idaho, saying the resulting air pollution is harming the health of area residents.
The Forest Service puts together a land swap that saves a 530-acre grove of 1,200-year-old trees from logging.
Some say the National Park Service needs to start charging fees for all the filming that is done in the nation's parks and national monuments.
The National Park Service is developing rules to allow local park officials to restrict and possibly ban noisy personal watercraft.
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service increases bag limits on snow geese after biologists warn that the birds are too prolific for their own good.
Western painted turtles are dying on a dangerous stretch of Montana's Route 93 through Mission Valley.
- After attack, the country’s oldest park ranger is back at work
- Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake’s criticism of Trump wins him national prominence
- Emotions run high over monument designation in Utah
- BLM moves away from landmark Northwest Forest Plan
- How Utah coal interests helped push a secret plan to export coal from California
- Steve Snyder on What can we still learn from Edward Abbey, 25 years after his death?
- David W Hamilton on We should be proud of delisting grizzlies
- David W Hamilton on Sometimes, the West must be protected from itself
- Brant Hayenga on BLM moves away from landmark Northwest Forest Plan
- David W Hamilton on What can we still learn from Edward Abbey, 25 years after his death?