Items by Sara Phillips
Southwestern ranchers Jim Winder and Will Holder team up with Defenders of Wildlife to create a seal-of-approval for beef sold by ranchers who avoid killing predators.
Activists try to end crop burning by farmers in eastern Washington and northern Idaho, saying the resulting air pollution is harming the health of area residents.
The Forest Service puts together a land swap that saves a 530-acre grove of 1,200-year-old trees from logging.
Some say the National Park Service needs to start charging fees for all the filming that is done in the nation's parks and national monuments.
The National Park Service is developing rules to allow local park officials to restrict and possibly ban noisy personal watercraft.
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service increases bag limits on snow geese after biologists warn that the birds are too prolific for their own good.
Western painted turtles are dying on a dangerous stretch of Montana's Route 93 through Mission Valley.
- Carol Bartlett on Montana farmers start talking climate change
- G M Ferguson on What's the matter with New Mexico
- Wade Nelson on Gold King Mine water was headed for the Animas, anyway
- Frank matyus on Gold King Mine water was headed for the Animas, anyway
- William Bryan on Scientists strengthen link between climate change and drought