Items by Ryan Slattery
The Lincoln County Lands Bill, modeled after the Southern Nevada Public Land Management Act, is already selling off land, although an environmental assessment ordered by a judge was never carried out
The Southern Nevada Public Land Management Act is making money from auctioning off the Las Vegas valley desert – and the Bush administration would like to get its hands on that money
In his book, The Devil’s Highway, Luis Alberto Urrea tells the tragic story of a group of poor immigrants who tried to get to a better life, and died in the Arizona desert
Yucca Mountain’s 10,000-year safety standard is ruled arbitrary by a federal court, but the Energy Department remains determined to open the site as planned
- Kyle Klain on Enough is enough at the Glen Canyon Recreation Area
- Mary Sojourner on Rants from the Hill: Desert Insomnia
- Mary Sojourner on Solace at the end of Homer Spit
- Jennafer Waggoner-Yellowhorse on Why are Hopi rangers impounding sheep at Black Mesa?
- Emma Drew on What’s in the water in Woods Cross?