Items by Ryan Slattery
The Lincoln County Lands Bill, modeled after the Southern Nevada Public Land Management Act, is already selling off land, although an environmental assessment ordered by a judge was never carried out
The Southern Nevada Public Land Management Act is making money from auctioning off the Las Vegas valley desert – and the Bush administration would like to get its hands on that money
In his book, The Devil’s Highway, Luis Alberto Urrea tells the tragic story of a group of poor immigrants who tried to get to a better life, and died in the Arizona desert
Yucca Mountain’s 10,000-year safety standard is ruled arbitrary by a federal court, but the Energy Department remains determined to open the site as planned
- Kate Schimel on What will become of the backcountry in Utah’s Wasatch?
- Doug Pineo on Ducks Unlimited fires writer over stream access fracas
- Stephen/Kathlee Martinek on The life of a once-lost dog
- DR on What will become of the backcountry in Utah’s Wasatch?
- Ian Peisner on What will become of the backcountry in Utah’s Wasatch?