Items by Ross Freeman
New Mexico's Meridian Oil Inc. has been shortchanging the government on royalties, according to a BLM investigation.
The General Accounting Office finds that the Forest Service overestimates the number of trees it can cut from Northwest forests.
Department of Interior delays deadline for resolving a dispute over R.S. 2477, which encourages road building on public lands.
Despite evidence it's a boondoggle, Southwestern Colorado's Animas-LaPlata is still slated for construction in order to meet treaty obligations to Ute Indian tribes.
A plan to let the Colorado River flood for one week through Grand Canyon is delayed, to the chagrin of environmentalists.
- Edward Williams on When poisoning is the solution
- Jeff Zapko on Climate showdown on the Willamette in Oregon
- Jim Brandau on When poisoning is the solution
- Michael Weeks on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- John Finch on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town