Items by Ross Freeman
New Mexico's Meridian Oil Inc. has been shortchanging the government on royalties, according to a BLM investigation.
The General Accounting Office finds that the Forest Service overestimates the number of trees it can cut from Northwest forests.
Department of Interior delays deadline for resolving a dispute over R.S. 2477, which encourages road building on public lands.
Despite evidence it's a boondoggle, Southwestern Colorado's Animas-LaPlata is still slated for construction in order to meet treaty obligations to Ute Indian tribes.
A plan to let the Colorado River flood for one week through Grand Canyon is delayed, to the chagrin of environmentalists.
- William Bryan on Scientists strengthen link between climate change and drought
- Carl Reese on Five Western waterways worse than the orange Animas
- Steve Snyder on The Endangered Species Act's biggest experiment
- Ray Ring on Montana farmers start talking climate change
- Wayne L Hare on Dispatch from a medic on the North Star Fire in Washington