Items by Ross Freeman
New Mexico's Meridian Oil Inc. has been shortchanging the government on royalties, according to a BLM investigation.
The General Accounting Office finds that the Forest Service overestimates the number of trees it can cut from Northwest forests.
Department of Interior delays deadline for resolving a dispute over R.S. 2477, which encourages road building on public lands.
Despite evidence it's a boondoggle, Southwestern Colorado's Animas-LaPlata is still slated for construction in order to meet treaty obligations to Ute Indian tribes.
A plan to let the Colorado River flood for one week through Grand Canyon is delayed, to the chagrin of environmentalists.
- Regina Johnson on Grass-fed beef can be good 365 days a year
- Charles Fox on Grass-fed beef can be good 365 days a year
- Rex Johnson Jr on How to pass a wilderness bill in 2014
- April Warwick on Sweeping new rule for Alaska's predator control
- David Lichtenstein on The paradox of the housing boom and bust