Items by Richard Manning
Fisherman Les Clark in his own words on the ecological problems and decline of salmon in Willapa Bay.
An unusual group founded by environmentalists and logging companies, the Willapa Alliance seeks to bring economic and ecological healing to Washington's Willapa Bay.
The U.S. Forest Service believes there is a clear patch of land in Montana that affords a clear view of the future's enlightened forestry. The problem is, the agency's own past sometimes sullies the view.
Missoulian reporter Richard Manning told how the logging business in Montana had taken a brutal turn that would punish the land, the local economy, and the small-time loggers and mills.
As a result of four months of negotiations between unionized lumber mill workers and a coalition of conservationists, separate accords have emerged drawing wilderness boundaries for two of the state's 10 national forests.
- Jim Bolen on Go ahead, control my guns
- Jim Bolen on Study finds surprising source of Colorado River water supply
- David Linn on Right-wing militant charged for planting a bomb at BLM building
- Gus Dizerega on Right-wing militant charged for planting a bomb at BLM building
- Mark Rozman on Study finds surprising source of Colorado River water supply