Items by Rebecca Huntington
Energy companies in Wyoming's Jonah Field are funding habitat preservation, but no one seems to know how the wildlife's doing.
The Pinedale Anticline Working Group was supposed to give citizens input on the local oil and gas boom, but it hasn’t worked out as planned.
In Idaho and Wyoming, old eminent domain laws allow private entities to condemn landowners’ property – as Peter and Judy Riede discovered when J.R. Simplot Co. announced plans to expand its phosphate mine and build a road across their ranch.
- Jim Bolen on Bears Ears: Correcting an off-base argument
- Mark Rozman on At Standing Rock, activists dig in on historic treaty land
- Dana Powers on At Standing Rock, activists dig in on historic treaty land
- Steve Snyder on What Obama can actually do about Standing Rock
- Dana Powers on What Obama can actually do about Standing Rock