Items by Ray Sikorski
An 86-year-old lifelong rancher named Vernon Gliko is donating his entire 1,800-acre Montana ranch as a conservation easement.
Black George Simmons – an 84-year-old park volunteer with a flair for colorful stories – dishes out root beer floats to anyone who visits his tiny log cabin in Grand Teton National Park.
Gary Bates creates mammoth metal sculptures out of discarded junk and sets them outside to turn and spin in the wind
- Mike Sennett on Go ahead, control my guns
- Barbara Ullian on How to love a weird and perfect wilderness
- John Wahoff on It’s not the Wild West anymore. Look before you shoot.
- Tom Kinnane on Missing science, disagreement surrounds fracking report
- Gerald Burton on Back to civics class: 10 things to know about Standing Rock