Items by Ray Ring
A few tourists get close to amazing numbers of bears catching salmon at Alaska's McNeil River Falls.
For decades, insiders have reported problems in the cleanup of our worst nuclear mess — but is anyone listening?
Gritty, ongoing reportage delivers an important message: The fundamental problem with nuclear energy — its incredibly dangerous waste products — remains unsolved.
The world’s longest ongoing salmon research reveals the astounding complexity of wild ecosystems -- and how easily it can be lost.
Update on the proposed Pebble Mine in Alaska’s Bristol Bay region -- a threat to the world’s best salmon ecosystem.
Converting an old mine to a physics lab in Lead, South Dakota, is just one example of how towns change directions due to deliberate actions as well as random chance.
- Krista Jordan on A Western lesson from Cecil the lion: trophy seekers aren't hunters
- John Pawlilkowski on Top 10 reasons not to move to Bozeman
- Greg D. Lind on Biking the line between wilderness and civilization
- Greg D. Lind on Readers’ essays on favorite spots to recreate
- Greg D. Lind on A tense confrontation on a quiet Montana road