Items by Randal O'toole
A review of Kathy Durbin's "Tree Huggers: Victory, Defeat, and Renewal in the Northwest Ancient Forest Campaign."
"Wise-users" may not have much influence, but they should give environmentalists pause to reconsider their long-run strategies.
Timber jobs in the Northwest began to disappear long before the spotted owl became an issue. A forest economist explains the basics of the ancient forest controversy and why the economic challenge to the region extends far beyond direct job losses.
- Guy Durrant on Giving thanks and looking forward
- Sarah Gilman on Closure of federal sheep facility would be a victory for grizzlies
- Gretchen King on Sage grouse found walking through Wyoming underpass
- Robb Cadwell on We can do our part to defuse the West
- Robb Cadwell on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation