Items by Rachel Waldholz
The proposed redevelopment of San Francisco's Bayview neighborhood worries its longtime black residents, who fear gentrification will drive them out.
A small western Colorado town will be the subject of a study looking at the health impacts of natural gas.
A California condor chick hatches in Pinnacles National Monument, the first one born there in a century.
Complicated deals are being made over wilderness protection in Colorado and in San Juan County, Utah.
A nuclear power plant proposed for Green River, Utah, needs more water than might be available in this dry part of the world.
- Michael/Teresa Newberry on How do Trump and Clinton differ on conservation?
- Mark Rozman on Study finds surprising source of Colorado River water supply
- David W Hamilton on Don’t just save the Grand Canyon. Save the wider region, too.
- David W Hamilton on The Park Service doesn’t need corporate sponsorship. It needs proper funding.
- David W Hamilton on New Mexico’s baby wolf swap worked. Why won’t state officials get on board?