Items by Rachel Waldholz
The proposed redevelopment of San Francisco's Bayview neighborhood worries its longtime black residents, who fear gentrification will drive them out.
A small western Colorado town will be the subject of a study looking at the health impacts of natural gas.
A California condor chick hatches in Pinnacles National Monument, the first one born there in a century.
Complicated deals are being made over wilderness protection in Colorado and in San Juan County, Utah.
A nuclear power plant proposed for Green River, Utah, needs more water than might be available in this dry part of the world.
- Alan Stevens on Private property blocks access to public lands
- Linda VanFossan on California has one year of water left: Hype or reality?
- Joseph Yannuzzi on Sportsmen’s bill aims to open inaccessible public lands
- Robert Gates on Lessons from boom and bust in New Mexico
- colt por on Is there a way through the West's bitter wild horse wars?