Items by Rachel Waldholz
The proposed redevelopment of San Francisco's Bayview neighborhood worries its longtime black residents, who fear gentrification will drive them out.
A small western Colorado town will be the subject of a study looking at the health impacts of natural gas.
A California condor chick hatches in Pinnacles National Monument, the first one born there in a century.
Complicated deals are being made over wilderness protection in Colorado and in San Juan County, Utah.
A nuclear power plant proposed for Green River, Utah, needs more water than might be available in this dry part of the world.
- Mary Sojourner on Rants from the Hill: Desert Insomnia
- Mary Sojourner on Solace at the end of Homer Spit
- Jennafer Waggoner-Yellowhorse on Why are Hopi rangers impounding sheep at Black Mesa?
- Emma Drew on What’s in the water in Woods Cross?
- Jennafer Waggoner-Yellowhorse on On Black Mesa, the natives make a comeback