Items by Rachel Waldholz
The proposed redevelopment of San Francisco's Bayview neighborhood worries its longtime black residents, who fear gentrification will drive them out.
A small western Colorado town will be the subject of a study looking at the health impacts of natural gas.
A California condor chick hatches in Pinnacles National Monument, the first one born there in a century.
Complicated deals are being made over wilderness protection in Colorado and in San Juan County, Utah.
A nuclear power plant proposed for Green River, Utah, needs more water than might be available in this dry part of the world.
- Larry Glickfeld on How many Westerners does the Affordable Care Act cover?
- David W Hamilton on As Trump takes power, the House targets regulations
- Dale Lockwood on Five reasons to be optimistic about climate change
- Ray Nelson on Go ahead, wander your way
- Jim Bolen on As Trump takes power, the House targets regulations