Items by Paul Larmer and Greg Hanscom
Forest Service Chief Dale Bosworth talks about how his agency has changed over the years, defending current forest management policies as well as the Service’s dealings with the energy industry
Farewell, Radio HCN; and Farewell, radio staffers Adam Burke, Krissy Clark and the recently arrived Maria Schell
Your chance to weigh in on the redesign; Deb French is new outreach director; and Betsy and Ed Marston are still here
February board meeting in wintry Fort Collins, Colo.; thanks for helping our Spreading the News Campaign; we can’t get away with anything (corrections & emendations)
Feedback from readers' surveys; Jon Margolis apologizes for booboo; the many lives of Mark Matthews.
Activist Connie Harvey celebrates 70th birthday in Aspen, Colo.; visitors by modem and phone; God leads HCN subscribers; oops: HCN booboos.
Thirty-year anniversary party in Boulder; High Country history; news, visitors and Suckling's first name.
- Phaedra Greenwood on Can Aldo Leopold’s land ethic tackle our toughest problems?
- Mary Doherty on Utah burn ban ignites outrage over ‘basic freedoms’
- Dale Lockwood on Utah burn ban ignites outrage over ‘basic freedoms’
- Joe F Whelan on Charles Bowden’s Fury
- Bill Schiffbauer on Utah burn ban ignites outrage over ‘basic freedoms’