Items by Paul Koberstein
While experts disagree and timber industry pooh-poohs, spotted owl may lose its long fight for survival.
A Snake River Chinook Recovery Team plan to truck salmon downstream does more to protect hydropower than fish, critics say.
Governors from Idaho, Washington, California and Oregon ask the President to design a strategy to restore declining salmon runs.
Alexander Cockburn's article in "The Nation' harshly criticizes Clinton's forest plan and the Sierra Club for going along with it.
As President Clinton unveils his plan for protecting the old trees and declining species in Northwest forests, he disturbed a big bear on the trail: Democrat Thomas S. Foley, the longtime congressman from Washington state.
- Guy Durrant on Giving thanks and looking forward
- Sarah Gilman on Closure of federal sheep facility would be a victory for grizzlies
- Gretchen King on Sage grouse found walking through Wyoming underpass
- Robb Cadwell on We can do our part to defuse the West
- Robb Cadwell on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation