Items by Paul Koberstein
While experts disagree and timber industry pooh-poohs, spotted owl may lose its long fight for survival.
A Snake River Chinook Recovery Team plan to truck salmon downstream does more to protect hydropower than fish, critics say.
Governors from Idaho, Washington, California and Oregon ask the President to design a strategy to restore declining salmon runs.
Alexander Cockburn's article in "The Nation' harshly criticizes Clinton's forest plan and the Sierra Club for going along with it.
As President Clinton unveils his plan for protecting the old trees and declining species in Northwest forests, he disturbed a big bear on the trail: Democrat Thomas S. Foley, the longtime congressman from Washington state.
- Mary Doherty on Utah burn ban ignites outrage over ‘basic freedoms’
- Dale Lockwood on Utah burn ban ignites outrage over ‘basic freedoms’
- Joe F Whelan on Charles Bowden’s Fury
- Bill Schiffbauer on Utah burn ban ignites outrage over ‘basic freedoms’
- Jim Scarborough on Rural counties dealing with loss of fed dollars