Items by Pat Wray
Hunters, gun owners and NRA members need an articulate spokesman, but a loudmouth like Ted Nugent is not the ideal candidate.
A lifetime member of the NRA is skeptical of the group's paranoia about President Obama’s gun-control plans.
Pat Wray is running for the board of the National Rifle Association because he believes it needs to start defending the wildlife and habitat that hunters need – not just the guns they use.
A group of hunters and fishermen visit Sen. Gordon Smith (R-Oregon) to ask him to sign on as a co-sponsor of the Lieberman-Warner bill to control greenhouse gas emissions.
Pat Wray loves hunting and agrees that off-road vehicles have their place, but, he says, hunting and ORVs do not go together.
A hunter and member of the National Rifle Association is angry at the way the group puts gun ownership above roadless areas, wildlife, and hunting
- Jeff Zapko on Climate showdown on the Willamette in Oregon
- Jim Brandau on When poisoning is the solution
- Michael Weeks on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- John Finch on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town
- Lee Rimel on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town