Items by Nelson Harvey
A battle over illegal bike trails in Sedona raises tough questions about soaring recreation use on public lands.
Nelson Harvey takes a ride on Denver’s light rail to see whether it’s changed his city for the better.
The debate over the drilling technique known as hydraulic fracturing is heating up this fall, as several cities along Colorado’s Front Range prepare to vote on fracking bans or moratoriums.
KDNK's Nelson Harvey talks with Maclean about the Yarnell Hill Fire fatalities and the lessons of deadly fires past.
Hal Herring talks with KDNK's Nelson Harvey about looming energy development in his wild and sprawling backyard
Latino music stations -- even commercial ones -- increasingly resemble public service organizations.
KDNK's Nelson Harvey talks with HCN Senior Editor Ray Ring about his recent cover story on the clash between conservation goals and the need for affordable housing in Jackson, Wyoming.
KDNK's Nelson Harvey talks with Jonathan Thompson about our stressed and complicated transmission system.
Emily Guerin talks with KDNK's Nelson Harvey about why this unusual collaboration is working in Idaho.
Sarah Gilman and KDNK's Nelson Harvey talk about why environmentalists in certain communities are divided about the appropriate way to address climate change.
KDNK's Nelson Harvey talks with Craig Childs about his story "Secret getaways of the National Conservation System."
- Paul Fuhrmann on Jury finds occupiers of Oregon wildlife refuge not guilty
- Mark Humphrey on The darkness at the heart of Malheur
- Mark Humphrey on Jury finds occupiers of Oregon wildlife refuge not guilty
- Nancie McCormish on I have a lot in common with the Bundys. Here’s what I’d like to say to them.
- Christy Nielsen on I have a lot in common with the Bundys. Here’s what I’d like to say to them.