Items by Nelson Harvey
The debate over the drilling technique known as hydraulic fracturing is heating up this fall, as several cities along Colorado’s Front Range prepare to vote on fracking bans or moratoriums.
KDNK's Nelson Harvey talks with Maclean about the Yarnell Hill Fire fatalities and the lessons of deadly fires past.
Hal Herring talks with KDNK's Nelson Harvey about looming energy development in his wild and sprawling backyard
Latino music stations -- even commercial ones -- increasingly resemble public service organizations.
KDNK's Nelson Harvey talks with HCN Senior Editor Ray Ring about his recent cover story on the clash between conservation goals and the need for affordable housing in Jackson, Wyoming.
KDNK's Nelson Harvey talks with Jonathan Thompson about our stressed and complicated transmission system.
Emily Guerin talks with KDNK's Nelson Harvey about why this unusual collaboration is working in Idaho.
Sarah Gilman and KDNK's Nelson Harvey talk about why environmentalists in certain communities are divided about the appropriate way to address climate change.
KDNK's Nelson Harvey talks with Craig Childs about his story "Secret getaways of the National Conservation System."
Nelson Harvey interviews HCN senior editor Jonathan Thompson on gun control and gun culture in the West.
- Guy Durrant on Giving thanks and looking forward
- Sarah Gilman on Closure of federal sheep facility would be a victory for grizzlies
- Gretchen King on Sage grouse found walking through Wyoming underpass
- Robb Cadwell on We can do our part to defuse the West
- Robb Cadwell on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation