Items by Nathaniel Hoffman
The National Rifle Association wants to enshrine the right to hunt in state constitutions, but even some hunters have their doubts about the wisdom of doing so.
Jim Posewitz believes hunters can help save the planet with their clear-sighted, on-the-ground conservation ethic.
Conservative Western politicians such as Idaho Gov. Butch Otter are working to end the United States’ trade and travel embargo against Cuba.
- Steve Snyder on Making a monument from scratch
- Deb Dedon on Rains bring incomplete drought relief to parts of Southwest
- Deb Dedon on American Indian students in Utah face harsh discipline
- Bette Korber on The Los Angeles wetland wars
- Garrett Allen on The view from 31,000 feet: A philosopher looks at fracking