Items by Michael J. Robinson
The controversy that flared when a trapper posted a photo of himself with a dying wolf proves that Idaho and other Western states are incapable of managing wolves without the help of the Endangered Species Act.
Dave Foreman's first novel, The Lobo Outback Funeral Home, tackles issues like wolf reintroduction, old-boy politics, and New Mexico culture clashes in the guise of fiction.
Northern New Mexico's Valles Caldera is for sale, and many think the world's largest extinct volcano ought to become the nation's next national park.
The first endangered Mexican wolves are returned to the wild in southern Arizona and New Mexico's Apache and Gila national forests.
- Jim Scarborough on For climate activists, a bright spot in a dismal election
- Tim McKimmie on Dear Forest Service: Today’s John Muir shoots video
- Guy Durrant on Giving thanks and looking forward
- Sarah Gilman on Closure of federal sheep facility would be a victory for grizzlies
- Gretchen King on Sage grouse found walking through Wyoming underpass