Items by Mason Adams
A new film, "Tree-Sit: The Art of Resistance," documents years of protests against clear-cut logging in Northern California's Headwaters Forest.
Endangered condors reintroduced in the West are dying, many from lead poisoning caused by the bullets in the carcasses they feed on.
The California state assembly says developers will have to prove they have water rights before they receive final approval for new subdivisions.
Disappearing jobs in the hard-hit apple orchards of eastern Washington have led to a flood of displaced migrant workers moving west toward Seattle.
The state of Washington is considering logging circles of land set aside in 1997 as habitat for endangered spotted owls.
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service has approved a BLM plan to release endangered black-footed ferrets on 900 acres in Montana.
The free, illustrated "Good Neighbor Handbook," written by Katherine Bill and published by the Methow Conservancy, aims to give new arrivals in Washington's Methow Valley advice about adapting to their new home.
A federal district judge removes some federal protection for the endangered ferruginous pygmy owl habitat in southwestern Arizona near Tucson.
The Army Corps of Engineers backs away from a revised environmental impact statement that would have changed the way it operates six Missouri River dams.
- Krista Jordan on A Western lesson from Cecil the lion: trophy seekers aren't hunters
- John Pawlilkowski on Top 10 reasons not to move to Bozeman
- Greg D. Lind on Biking the line between wilderness and civilization
- Greg D. Lind on Readers’ essays on favorite spots to recreate
- Greg D. Lind on A tense confrontation on a quiet Montana road