Items by Mary Tolan
A ranch withdrawn from sale by Babbitt family members affects settlement of Navajo-Hopi land dispute.
In a bold move to resolve the bitter land dispute between the Hopi and Navajo tribes, the United States government is attempting to award the Native Americans about 500,000 acres surrounding Flagstaff.
- William Mullane on How right-wing emigrants conquered North Idaho
- Ricardo Small on In Arizona, the people move ahead of the politicians
- Dean Nyffeler on New data released on violent threats to federal employees
- John Crosse on The Los Angeles wetland wars
- John Worlock on The U.S.’s only rare-earth mine files for bankruptcy