Items by Mary Emerick
A wildland firefighter reflects on joys and sorrows of her fighting career, and on why she's leaving the field.
A seasoned Forest Service firefighter remembers Colorado's South Canyon Fire and the lives lost in it 16 years ago.
- Josh Zaffos on Renewable energy on tribal lands stalls out
- MIKE CHIROPOLOS on Renewable energy on tribal lands stalls out
- Dana Lang on The real Washington vampire story
- Dana Lang on The Quileute Reservation copes with tourists brought by "Twilight"
- William Mullane on How right-wing emigrants conquered North Idaho