Items by Mary Emerick
A wildland firefighter reflects on joys and sorrows of her fighting career, and on why she's leaving the field.
A seasoned Forest Service firefighter remembers Colorado's South Canyon Fire and the lives lost in it 16 years ago.
- Matt Chew on Invasive crayfish in Oregon devastate native newts
- Jeffronimo Kingpin on Is Yucca Mountain back on the table?
- Verne House on Gold King Mine water was headed for the Animas, anyway
- Irene Schmidt on A tense confrontation on a quiet Montana road
- Russ McCollum on What we've lost in the Methow Valley wildfires