Items by Mary Emerick
A wildland firefighter reflects on joys and sorrows of her fighting career, and on why she's leaving the field.
A seasoned Forest Service firefighter remembers Colorado's South Canyon Fire and the lives lost in it 16 years ago.
- Krista Jordan on A Western lesson from Cecil the lion: trophy seekers aren't hunters
- John Pawlilkowski on Top 10 reasons not to move to Bozeman
- Greg D. Lind on Biking the line between wilderness and civilization
- Greg D. Lind on Readers’ essays on favorite spots to recreate
- Greg D. Lind on A tense confrontation on a quiet Montana road