Items by Marcia Hensley
Sometimes it seems like everybody is retiring and moving to Florida, but some of us die-hard Westerners are determined to stay, despite Wyoming’s harsh winters.
In tough economic times like these, we could learn a lot from our pioneer ancestors, who managed to survive – and thrive – in a harsh Western landscape.
The writer tells of a German tourist who rekindled her fascination with the Oregon Trail close to her Wyoming home
- William Bryan on Scientists strengthen link between climate change and drought
- Carl Reese on Five Western waterways worse than the orange Animas
- Steve Snyder on The Endangered Species Act's biggest experiment
- Ray Ring on Montana farmers start talking climate change
- Wayne L Hare on Dispatch from a medic on the North Star Fire in Washington