Items by Marcia Hensley
Sometimes it seems like everybody is retiring and moving to Florida, but some of us die-hard Westerners are determined to stay, despite Wyoming’s harsh winters.
In tough economic times like these, we could learn a lot from our pioneer ancestors, who managed to survive – and thrive – in a harsh Western landscape.
The writer tells of a German tourist who rekindled her fascination with the Oregon Trail close to her Wyoming home
- John H Marble on The view from the top of the food chain
- Charles Fox on Looking back on a century of poisoning predators
- Kate Schimel on What will become of the backcountry in Utah’s Wasatch?
- Doug Pineo on Ducks Unlimited fires writer over stream access fracas
- Stephen/Kathlee Martinek on The life of a once-lost dog