Items by Marcia Hensley
Sometimes it seems like everybody is retiring and moving to Florida, but some of us die-hard Westerners are determined to stay, despite Wyoming’s harsh winters.
In tough economic times like these, we could learn a lot from our pioneer ancestors, who managed to survive – and thrive – in a harsh Western landscape.
The writer tells of a German tourist who rekindled her fascination with the Oregon Trail close to her Wyoming home
- Wylie Cox on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- Richard Crow on Freeway closure by flash flood should teach us a lesson
- Sarah Tory on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town
- Greg Graves on Can human judgment handle avalanches?
- John W Stephens on Ranch Diaries: How to coexist with wild animals