Items by Marcia Darnell
Natural resources professor Leigh Frederickson is working with ranchers to test whether carefully managed grazing can help control the spread of noxious weeds, particularly whitetop, on the Monte Vista National Wildlife Refuge in Colorado.
"Weed," a play by Michi Panttaja, takes an entertaining look at what happens when a farmer finds an endangered plant on his land.
- Jeff Zapko on Climate showdown on the Willamette in Oregon
- Jim Brandau on When poisoning is the solution
- Michael Weeks on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- John Finch on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town
- Lee Rimel on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town