Items by Marcia Darnell
Natural resources professor Leigh Frederickson is working with ranchers to test whether carefully managed grazing can help control the spread of noxious weeds, particularly whitetop, on the Monte Vista National Wildlife Refuge in Colorado.
"Weed," a play by Michi Panttaja, takes an entertaining look at what happens when a farmer finds an endangered plant on his land.
- Andrew Sipocz on The great salmon compromise
- Kyle Klain on Enough is enough at the Glen Canyon Recreation Area
- Mary Sojourner on Rants from the Hill: Desert Insomnia
- Mary Sojourner on Solace at the end of Homer Spit
- Jennafer Waggoner-Yellowhorse on Why are Hopi rangers impounding sheep at Black Mesa?