Items by Marcia Darnell
Natural resources professor Leigh Frederickson is working with ranchers to test whether carefully managed grazing can help control the spread of noxious weeds, particularly whitetop, on the Monte Vista National Wildlife Refuge in Colorado.
"Weed," a play by Michi Panttaja, takes an entertaining look at what happens when a farmer finds an endangered plant on his land.
- The taxpayer money that fuels federal land transfer demands
- Latest: California fracking companies inject protected aquifers with wastewater
- Obama's preemptive strike to reform Endangered Species Act
- Sightseeing at an open pit mine in Arizona copper country
- Wyoming trespass law is the latest in grazing battle