Items by Larry Mosher
Colorado's wilderness bill -- a controversial compromise between Sen. Hank Brown and Sen. Tim Wirth -- was intended to create 641,690 acres of new wilderness. Instead, the bill has become an engine pushing on Colorado's water developers, environmentalists and bureaucrats to redefine the state's approach to water within and outside of wilderness areas.
- Carl Reese on Five Western waterways worse than the orange Animas
- Steve Snyder on The Endangered Species Act's biggest experiment
- Ray Ring on Montana farmers start talking climate change
- Wayne L Hare on Dispatch from a medic on the North Star Fire in Washington
- Tom McCall on Scientists strengthen link between climate change and drought