Items by Kurt Caswell
The photos and essays gathered in this collection of photographs and essays celebrate the austere beauty of a vast dry landscape.
A writer wanders the mountains north of McCall, Idaho, with Peruvian shepherds, their dogs and sheep.
In her first short story collection, From the Hilltop, Toni Jensen relies on her Metis heritage to explore American Indian life off the reservation.
Annie Proulx's memoir Bird Cloud and Gary Snyder's book-and-film project, The Etiquette of Freedom, unveil the private lives of two iconic Western writers.
- Krista Jordan on A Western lesson from Cecil the lion: trophy seekers aren't hunters
- John Pawlilkowski on Top 10 reasons not to move to Bozeman
- Greg D. Lind on Biking the line between wilderness and civilization
- Greg D. Lind on Readers’ essays on favorite spots to recreate
- Greg D. Lind on A tense confrontation on a quiet Montana road