Items by Krista Langlois
A historic legal victory could give Alaska tribes more control over their fish, wildlife and homelands.
Democratic candidate Misty Snow is progressive, transgender and, she says, increasingly representative of Utah.
A court ruling may force wolverines onto the endangered species list, and open the door for other animals threatened by climate change
Thousands of individuals in parks from Denali to Petrified Forest do little-known but essential jobs.
New regulations help wildlife on federal lands. But they’re still no match for state predator control.
The head of the Senate Energy Committee has crafted a comprehensive energy plan. But she left her most ambitious initiatives to be battled over separately.
- Bradley Goodman on How can "woofers" stay on the farm?
- Rod Farlee on Study finds surprising source of Colorado River water supply
- Joe Cosentino on New measures could reduce Glen Canyon Dam’s impact on the Grand Canyon — a bit
- Mark Bailey on Sometimes, the West must be protected from itself
- Spencer Kluesner on Latest: The BLM to study surgical sterilization of wild horses