Items by Kirk Zebolsky
In his book A Crack in the Edge of the World, Simon Winchester takes a comprehensive look at the 1906 San Francisco earthquake and warns of the geological perils still facing the region
- Millie Carson on Trump’s Cabinet choices reflect deep Koch influence
- Shelley Ellis on How many Westerners does the Affordable Care Act cover?
- Jan Hearthstone on California’s recent rains won’t fix its other, very big problem
- Tiffy Squid on Why we need condors in eastern Oregon
- Mark Rozman on Trump’s Interior pick confounds conservationists