Items by Kimberly Hirai
Master leasing plans, or MLPs, are a new tool designed to help the Bureau of Land Management better coordinate energy leasing and development in areas that may need special treatment or protection.
Historian Richard West Sellars didn't intend to spend a career in the Park Service. But after 35 years, his impact still resonates.
The Bureau of Land Management is working with landscape architects and camouflage experts to better disguise renewable energy infrastructure on public lands.
It's unclear who will take over the preserve's management -- but it is clear the current system hasn't worked
Researchers are trying to restore the damaged, acidic soil around abandoned hardrock mines with the help of biochar, a special form of charcoal.
- Richard Crow on Gold King Mine water was headed for the Animas, anyway
- Richard Crow on An interview with the first African-American president of the Sierra Club
- Richard Crow on Is Yucca Mountain back on the table?
- Tom Darnell on After one record-setting wildfire, a Washington county prepares for more
- Carol Bartlett on Montana farmers start talking climate change