Items by Kimberly Hirai
Master leasing plans, or MLPs, are a new tool designed to help the Bureau of Land Management better coordinate energy leasing and development in areas that may need special treatment or protection.
Historian Richard West Sellars didn't intend to spend a career in the Park Service. But after 35 years, his impact still resonates.
The Bureau of Land Management is working with landscape architects and camouflage experts to better disguise renewable energy infrastructure on public lands.
It's unclear who will take over the preserve's management -- but it is clear the current system hasn't worked
Researchers are trying to restore the damaged, acidic soil around abandoned hardrock mines with the help of biochar, a special form of charcoal.
- Kyle Klain on Enough is enough at the Glen Canyon Recreation Area
- Mary Sojourner on Rants from the Hill: Desert Insomnia
- Mary Sojourner on Solace at the end of Homer Spit
- Jennafer Waggoner-Yellowhorse on Why are Hopi rangers impounding sheep at Black Mesa?
- Emma Drew on What’s in the water in Woods Cross?