Items by Kim Todd
How much can we learn from restoring the Elwha River, after the two dams that block it are finally removed?
Public-land managers grapple with using indicator species to monitor the health of troubled ecosystems.
Scientists faced a quandary when they had to consider killing golden eagles in order to save rare foxes on the Channel Islands off the California coast.
In the Pacific Northwest, scientists reluctantly consider killing barred owls to save increasingly threatened northern spotted owls.
- Jose Jaques on How the Keep it in the Ground movement came to be
- Kate Schimel on FBI nabs BLM bombing suspect; Wyoming wind resistance; unofficial border patrol
- Richard Crow on How the Keep it in the Ground movement came to be
- Robert Riversong on FBI nabs BLM bombing suspect; Wyoming wind resistance; unofficial border patrol
- Dale Lockwood on Stop the rock-stacking