Items by Kim Todd
How much can we learn from restoring the Elwha River, after the two dams that block it are finally removed?
Public-land managers grapple with using indicator species to monitor the health of troubled ecosystems.
Scientists faced a quandary when they had to consider killing golden eagles in order to save rare foxes on the Channel Islands off the California coast.
In the Pacific Northwest, scientists reluctantly consider killing barred owls to save increasingly threatened northern spotted owls.
- Nord B. Schroeder on Colorado’s controversial plan to kill predators
- HReading on Trump’s Interior pick confounds conservationists
- HReading on Colorado’s controversial plan to kill predators
- Anne-Marie Holen on Go ahead, wander your way
- peter romanelli on Why a scientist cut down ‘the oldest living tree’