Items by Kim Todd
How much can we learn from restoring the Elwha River, after the two dams that block it are finally removed?
Public-land managers grapple with using indicator species to monitor the health of troubled ecosystems.
Scientists faced a quandary when they had to consider killing golden eagles in order to save rare foxes on the Channel Islands off the California coast.
In the Pacific Northwest, scientists reluctantly consider killing barred owls to save increasingly threatened northern spotted owls.
- Mike Chiropolos on What Obama can actually do about Standing Rock
- Krista Langlois on What Obama can actually do about Standing Rock
- Greg Lind on What Obama can actually do about Standing Rock
- Greg Lind on Army Corps denies crucial DAPL easement
- Rod Robertson on Latest: California’s tree die-off is bigger than you thought