Items by Kerry Brophy
Four families cooperate on conservation easements in order to save a huge ranch in Colorado from development.
Andrea Malmberg of Wyoming’s Twin Creek Ranch uses her gourmet cooking to put her ranch guests in touch with the land and with the food they eat
Wyoming’s new "split-estate" law, designed to give private landowners more control over energy development on their property, hits a big obstacle – the Bush administration
Reba Teran is painstakingly building an audio dictionary of spoken Shoshone, hoping to save both her language and her culture
Frustrated Wyoming ranchers make an end-run around legislators and oil and gas lobbies to take the split-estate issue to the last constituency who might help them: the voters.
- James Foley on Homegrown anti-government militias threaten public safety
- Michael Bryant on Go ahead, control my guns
- Gus Dizerega on Right-wing militant charged for planting a bomb at BLM building
- Harold Johnson on Right-wing militant charged for planting a bomb at BLM building
- Thomas Arvensis on Go ahead, control my guns