Items by Kerry Brophy
Four families cooperate on conservation easements in order to save a huge ranch in Colorado from development.
Andrea Malmberg of Wyoming’s Twin Creek Ranch uses her gourmet cooking to put her ranch guests in touch with the land and with the food they eat
Wyoming’s new "split-estate" law, designed to give private landowners more control over energy development on their property, hits a big obstacle – the Bush administration
Reba Teran is painstakingly building an audio dictionary of spoken Shoshone, hoping to save both her language and her culture
Frustrated Wyoming ranchers make an end-run around legislators and oil and gas lobbies to take the split-estate issue to the last constituency who might help them: the voters.
- Guy Durrant on Giving thanks and looking forward
- Sarah Gilman on Closure of federal sheep facility would be a victory for grizzlies
- Gretchen King on Sage grouse found walking through Wyoming underpass
- Robb Cadwell on We can do our part to defuse the West
- Robb Cadwell on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation