Items by Keith Easthouse
Alaska Republican Don Young puts pressure on Southwest Regional Forester Eleanor Towns to reveal which of her staffers may have ties to environmental groups.
Sam Hitt, a founding member of the Southwest Forest Alliance, is ousted from the group amid complaints about his extremism and refusal to compromise.
- bmason on No Bikes in Wilderness. Period.
- John Freemuth on In Utah, the fight for a Bears Ears monument heats up
- Don Bertolette on No, national parks are not America’s ‘best idea’
- Norman Macleod on National Park Service centennial shares limelight with scandals
- David Orr on No, national parks are not America’s ‘best idea’