Items by Kathleen Yale
In Luis Alberto Urrea's sequel to The Hummingbird's Daughter, the author continues his imagined story of his legendary Great-aunt Teresita, who was known as the Saint of Cabora.
Daniel Olivas' novel uses magical realism to describe the lives of a Mexican-American family in Los Angeles.
Melanie Rae Thon's short stories, gathered in her collection In This Light, paint a desolate and tender picture of the West.
- Lowell Jones on Pot growers put huge energy demand on the grid
- Denise Fort on Why are Western attorneys general going rogue?
- Mike Sennett on Looking back on a century of poisoning predators
- Pat Munday on The Greatest Generation at its worst
- Charles Fox on Looking back on a century of poisoning predators